Thank you for considering Southern Sitters & Nannies to find local babysitting, nanny or newborn care specialist opportunities that match your experience and preferences. We can help you achieve your goals by locating childcare provider jobs for you that will utilize your skills, background and education.
Southern Sitters & Nannies is looking for nannies, newborn care specialists and babysitters who want to be part of a family – those who are going to participate in the well-being of the child and be loving, caring, dependable, honest, creative, and fun. We are seeking childcare providers that are going to stand out in front of the rest.
How do I become a Candidate with Southern Sitters & Nannies?
Step One: Please complete application.
Step Two: Phone screen and personally interview with Owner or Recruitment Director.
Step Three: Complete your national, state, and county criminal background checks along with your driving record and sexual misconduct screening through a secure website:
Step Four: Take CPR & First Aid Class if not certified with the American Red Cross or Georgia CPR Training.
Step Five: Receive confirmation of your becoming a member with Southern Sitters & Nannies. Complete a profile that includes your hobbies, experience and picture for families that have been screened and are members to view. Keep Southern Sitters & Nannies informed of your schedule and availability.
Step Six: Start receiving job notifications via e-mail.
Each family seeking referrals through our company is required to fill out a detailed application and profile. You will be given detailed information about each position including ages and number of children, and hours and days needed before you choose to babysit for a family.
All Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications below for representation by Southern Sitters & Nannies
- At least 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or Valid U.S. Work Permit
- Fluent in English
- Some college education
- At least 3 years of professional childcare experience
- 3 professional childcare references
- Must own a fully insured vehicle and provide proof of auto insurance
- Have a current drivers license (that you will bring to the interview)
- Must pass national, state, and county criminal background checks and have a clean driving record
- Must pass a sexual misconduct screening
- Must personally meet and interview with Southern Sitters & Nannies
- Current CPR certification
- Positive online and social media presence
- Willing to keep a childcare log for clients
- Willing to make a 1 year commitment to the agency
- Willing to commit to the minimum standards of conduct and service excellence of Southern Sitters & Nannies
The childcare providers affiliated with Southern Sitters & Nannies are employed solely by the client and are not employees of Southern Sitters & Nannies. Southern Sitters & Nannies makes no representations to childcare providers concerning the nature of the service provided. The client and childcare provider acknowledges that Southern Sitters & Nannies is not responsible for, and will be held harmless against, any injury, loss, or other damage arising from or related in any manner to their use of Southern Sitters & Nannies.